6 Things That Will Make You Want to Visit Vienna Now
If you are thinking of visiting a place with a rich musical heritage, you will find plenty of destinations to choose from. But classical music lover or not now is always the best time to visit Vienna Austria. And here are just some of the top reasons why:
1. Franz Schubert, Johannes Brahms, Joseph Haydn, Johann Strauss Jr., Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Vienna Boys’ Choir, and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra are just some of the world-renowned names associated with Vienna which is widely considered as the European capital of classical music. Follow the footsteps of these musical legends and take a music-themed tour around the city.
2. Take a self-guided walking tour to admire the beautiful architecture and visit some of the picturesque villages and charming streets in and near the city.
3. Visit museums and art galleries to see some of the artworks, cultural artifacts, and other legacies that provide a glimpse to the richness of Austria’s art, music, and culture.
4. Experience the Viennese coffee house culture. Order a cup of coffee at one of the many coffee houses in the city some of which date back to hundreds of years. Sample some of the delicious sweets like cakes and pastries from one of the bakeries. Try not to miss out on having a slice of Sacher Torte while in the city.
5. Take a stroll at Stadtpark and enjoy the music-themed landmarks and attractions including the statue of Johann Strauss and the busts of some of Austria’s musical legends. And if you are lucky, you can catch a live music performance at the park.
6. See more of the city on two wheels. Cycle along Vienna’s many bike paths and get mesmerized by the scenery.